Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter weekend et al

I think I'm sick.

The timing couldn't be worse because I think the baby is sick too. He's been coughing and sneezing, and his nose is getting gunked up. And he HATES the bulb, NoseFrida. Half the time I use the nail on my pinky finger, but he hates that too. Poor baby couldn't breathe through his nose, though. There was a lot of screaming that resonated through my aching head.

As for me, I'm not too bad (yet). I have a ton of pressure that's just thisside of painful in my head. It feels like a heavy dense cloud stretching from temple to temple and centering behind my eyes. I felt it all day yesterday and was hoping that would be it, but this morning I woke up with a sore throat.

All of this would be manageable if McHubs was home, but alas, but not-sick husband has been out of town for work, and won't be home for 60 or so hours. It doesn't sound so bad when I think of it in hours! 60 hours sounds much better than 2 and a half more days.

I don't envy him. I can here in his voice how much he misses me and the boy. I can't imagine being away from Seven for a week. I can barely stand to be away from him for a few hours. And McHubs and I haven't really spent more than a weekend apart in over 6 years. Thank god for cell phones and FaceTime. I have so much respect for single and solo parents.

We spent Saturday-yesterday morning at my in-law's house to make the week easier. And, you know, Easter. The rest of the family was in town, which was great. McHub's family--my family--is wonderful. I hear  in-law horror stories and I send a whisper of thanks out into the world for our family. I hit the in-law jackpot.  I would be hard-pressed to find a family of better people, and my favorite is whomever I happen to be with that second.

Except that they got us sick, ha. Oh well. We'll muddle through, because that's just what you do.

Some of my favorite photos from this weekend:

Cousin-love. He adores E, and E adores him right back. 

Hanging out on his Easter present from his Auntie D. 

More blurry cousin-love. 



Attack of the Easter bunny! With Pops. 

What are you looking at? With Nana. 

Easter bucket. I wasn't planning on making one for him, but the Easter bunny was going to leave them for his older cousins and I didn't want them to wonder why he wasn't getting one as well. That's my excuse, anyway ;)

He immediately went all Babyzilla on it. 

Yum, more things to chew on!

Yeah, I'm cool.

What? 

With the record selection and the mirror's reflection...

I'm dancing with myself.

Peekaboo!

Heading home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment